Our client, a telecommunications operator, has requested our support for the roll-out program of its new IN platform and Datacharging services.
The stakes of this major program for our client has been to maintain its leadership in the mobile data market, to face competition, to support the new required services and address the data traffic growth.
MNS provided sharp technical expertise and project management capabilities covering the tasks below:
- End-to-end management of new IN and Datacharging projects
- Leading the technical design phases with client engineering departments
- Follow-up of developments outsourced to vendors such as ZTE, Myriad and Comviva
- Leading the deployment, transition and acceptance phases of the various projects
- Writing of the technical feasibility studies, architecture documents and reports to the various internal committees
For example, on the IN side, this program had led to a strong increase in capacity and performance with a new infrastructure that already matches the operators’ needs for the next 5 years. Additional benefits of this project have been:
- A drastic reduction in overall dimensions with a gain of 31 racks (the number of racks changed from 48 to 17 for a higher capacity)
- A less energy-intensive solution with a strong reduction in power consumption, with a gain of 70%.
- Transition from three to two sites of the Intelligent Network Platform and evolution towards the NGIN (New Generation IN) architecture with “all IP” signaling and a better flexibility in the development of new offers and services.
Environment : IN, CS network, PS network, IP/MPLS networks, PCRF.